[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Professional Handlers

  • From: "billie" <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <helen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 09:50:21 -0700

I agree with this. The handler's that I have used and seen over the years
know their dogs, know the judges preferences etc.
I think if we are going to complain about handler's  winning when they
shouldn't we could look toward the all breeds more than the specialty's. And
don't "bark" at me about that, again some all breed judges are very good.
Then there are others that you wonder if they just read the standard and had
forgotten most of it. Eventually those judges reputation will catch up with
them, you can see it in the entry that they draw.
I remember years ago that some people would say that handler X could take in
a goat and win under XX. If that were true then, I certainly don't think it
is true now. To me that indicates we are making improvement .
The majority of handlers are experts, they know their judges, they know what
to show under them that equals success.
Isn't success what we are striving for?

Beryl