[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Professional Handlers

  • From: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:26:49 EST

I disagree.  I've heard stories from handlers and owner handlers (on this
list even, and others) where they've said the Judge asked for a loose lead, but
they (the handler) would not give it, to hide a fault in the dog.
Is it right?  Technically no.  Is it good handling?  Yes and no.

The dog may not place under the judge that asks for a loose lead, because
they are hiding a fault of gait, but they will likely place under the judge
that
does NOT ask for a loose lead, because "all is fair" at that point.

 - Jackie

In a message dated 1/9/2006 4:20:44 PM Central Standard Time,
uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi Pam:  the handlers COULD and WOULD drop the leads if the judges WOULD
and SHOULD tell them to do so.........all they have to say is loose lead
please!

- Jackie

Marcato Shepherds
Where it's about function, not flash