[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Professional Handlers

  • From: Stephen Reierstad <wmj1944@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:26:03 -0800 (PST)

Of course we breed to win.  But my point was that if a dog can win at
the gait which matched what he was bred to do, why run him flat-out
in the Ring?  I've seen my dogs moving better and extending better
while running in our yard at a slower, more natural pace, with no
leash, than they do when they're running full tilt in the Ring
looking for me.  The question is, would they win at the slower pace?
Probably not.
Steve