[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Inbreeding - A tool to test the health of your line

  • From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SegerWind@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:32:52 +0000 (UTC)

Carolyn was simply expressing the fact that the risks are the same for any
breeding therefore, based on Kathy's logic - all litters should be kept to
advanced ages.
That is the way the big ol breeders did it, with huge properties, sixty or so
animals and much experimentation. Breeders do not have that luxury in today's
society(well most don't) and economy

So, yes the products of "all breedings" are put in the publics hands, which
illustrates how much thought must go into ANY BREEDING DECISION a responsible
breeder makes. And yes you better stand behind those decisions regardless of
strategy.

What we learn eventually about stud dogs does not occur until many years past
post mortem. When that picture becomes clearer, you make decisions on whether
to incorporate or avoid layering into your line.(referencing my "mature vs
young stud dog comment").

regards,

From: SegerWind@xxxxxxx