[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Inbreeding - A tool to test the health of your line

  • From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 07:55:57 -0700 (PDT)

As for multiple inbreedings ask Fred Migliore about his Ch.Eko-Lan's Quaser
sometime. He was inbred 2 times on his dams side then linebred back on his
sire. Talk about an interesting pedigree. If you compare Quasar (in)type there
is a big difference between him and Pal and Shiloh. Even though Pal was
linebred(Morgan to his aunt)and Shiloh was inbred(Morgan to his
daughter)neither one of them resemblied the other in type.

Bob Neiman / Walled Lake, Mich.
Owner Barkalot's Felonious Assault AKA Brat and the other half of B'N'B
Breeder/owner of UKC GR Ch.B'N'B-Barkalot's Cherish RN
Co-owner of UKC ChSandyCreek-B'N'B-WC's Christmas Star AKA Echo
Co-owner of Ketlyn's Black Widow

--- On Wed, 9/8/10, Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>

From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Inbreeding - A tool to test the health of your line
To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
Cc: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 9:44 AM

Good morning ;-)
Kathy you make great points, I can certainly say to some degree the risk is
much higher when breeding to the unknown than inbreeding

I guess the purpose of the thread was to understand that today, at least in my
opinion(and many of our most respected breeders in the past) use this tool to
learn more about what we have. Yes I agree it should only be used by those that
are confident about what they have. You've got to remember that inbreeding
brings out the best of the best, and the worst of the worst and yes you must be
prepared for that as a breeder and accept the risk.

some of the old timers say you can do it three times in a row(I'm not that
brave) but from a clinical point of view they will learn a great deal more
about what is hidden in that genealogical locker then the rest of us.

I know this is not your cup of tea, but that's your choice

Regards,

** my personal mantra - constantly resist being put in a box - of any kind **