[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Inbreeding - A tool to test the health of your line

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 15:52:08 -0500

Gotta say I am with Kathy on this one.... I would have a tough time explaining
all of this to my pet people who come to a responsible breeder for the chance
at a healthy, well-bred puppies.

If you knew the stud dog carried a particular gene, why did you need to
inbreed? Just curious... Always wondering about people's logic.

And, I do agree, that a good dog with with one problem shouldn't necessarily be
thrown out with the bath, but it seems to me that you are setting yourself up
for future problems by risking those types of litters.

Also, what about potential breeders that end up with these dogs in their
pedigrees? Breeding is tough enough with out having to contend with all the
health problems.

Jessica MacMillan
No Frills Dog Bathing Service & Design
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC> Great question, I would say wait until you know
your line(assuming you