[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Inbreeding - A tool to test the health of your line

  • From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:18:53 +0000 (UTC)

I certainly think you have to have a degree of confidence in your stock to
perform the breeding. We did.

The old time(Huge opperations) could keep all there experiments so yes to some
degree that is the approach. Thats not quite as easy to do these day's so for
us we were very clear to those that acquired puppies as a result of those
breedings.

My point here Kathy is until genetic tests exist for every malady our breed
suffers from, this is the only tool that will likely tell you if you are
getting it right or not.

regards,