[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board meeting nationals update

  • From: "anthony amoroso" <triplea7@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 09:26:43 -0700

Hi Nancy:
Thank you for the comments about our lack of a good code of ethics.
Over thirty years ago the then board asked me to write a new "breeders and
members code of ethics. I did and submitted it. I was laughed out of the room.
By happen chance the Rottweiler Clubs picked it up and
adopted it hook line and sinker. It evolved over the years as did their breed
to incredible quality.

Our president Lew and other members of the board contacted me for a copy. What
I sent them was the code that the "Colonial Rottweiler Club" uses. It came the
closest to what I prepared years ago, but tougher now. I think that is the code
that Lew and others tried to pass at the July board meeting.

When Lew received it he wrote me " actually I love the Code o Ethics and plan
to present it to the board in July. We MUST have something like that or we will
continue to shrink as we have done in the past several years. Thanks for
sending the code". I applaud Lew for what he and others tried to do.

With all this positive interest in a code we should get a grass roots movement
going by publishing that code on our site and have the members decide what is
good for them ONCE and for ALL.

Tony Amoroso