[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board meeting nationals update

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Zoa Rockenstein" <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:19:05 -0700

Now I know that the definitions of east and west were defined way back in
time by our pilgrim fathers who moved westward from Plymouth Rock to
Kentucky and called it out west.....
But looking at a map of these here United States of America, at least the 48
contiguous states, I'm still sort of convinced that the middle of the states
is somewhere between Prairie View, Kansas and Beaver City, Nebraska. That
would make the Middle West line somewhere around Grand Junction, Colorado or
there abouts. Then if we also made a Middle East line, which our forefathers
didn't even think about, it would be somewhere about Cincinnati or Dayton,
Indiana.

Understand, I flunked geography in high school, probably because I did not
know where the mid-west was, so I am no expert here. I was just thinking
that cars measure their effort in miles not in pilgrim history, so they
don't know where the mid-west is either. So, you can discount my measuring.
I was not alive when these designations were made, so there may be others on
the list who were there and have a better sense of things! <G>

I'll put my ruler up now - and we can call Salt Lake City out West or Mid
West, but don't ever call it Shirley!
Dave