[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board meeting nationals update

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Edwin Hill" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 13:51:20 -0500

I understand about the "members"..members are sort of like budgets, they
look good on paper and on pie graphs or line graphs, and when you look at
the membership of CA, OR, WA, CO, AZ and a few other states there are
members yet each time a National has been held in those areas, the
membership of those areas has been unable to provide entries that equal
nationals in other locations east of KC .Unless the members turn into
exhibitors who exhibit multiple dogs, then we end up with small entries.
History speaks for itself..simply look at past "Western" nationals and
futurity numbers in the MP, parts of the SW and NW..with all these
"members' where are the exhibitors? Personally I am tired of all this crap.
Show site selection is not easy..getting to shows is not easy. Canada has
it right..one location..every few years it goes west, everyone seems to
like it. And some of the very ones who keep insisting Nationals go west, go
to the same Canadian national site from CA, OR, WA.year..after year..after
year..amazing how they can manage to do that.Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

the map....consideration also went into the numbers of members residing in
the "three" regions, east, west, and central...remember this was my
interpretation of what Ms. Fox spoke on yesterday...I could be mistaken,
but I don't think I am....driving to Denver from the west is no day at the
beach....driving to Utah is much much easier for folks on the west
coast....Ed
> Sally <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Talk about after the fact LOL...I have
spent the last two years explaining