[rollei_list] Re: age old digital vs film debate...again...was RE: OT Ancient Computers

  • From: "austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:30:04 -0500

Hi Peter,

> The inks are standard in an Epson. There are different papers but they all
> use one ink.

I don't know what you mean by that, not all Epson inks are the same.  Some
are dye and some are pigment.  There are also different formulas.  This is
what Epson has to offer for inks:

http://www.epson.com/pdf/epsonink.pdf

I only know this because I recently bought my wife a 1400...and it uses dye
based inks (very pricey dye based inks mind you), and my printer uses
pigment based inks.

Regards,

Austin