[rollei_list] Re: age old "digital vs film" debate...again...was RE: OT Ancient Computers

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:28:59 +0000

Personally I have actually mislaid far more negs and slides than digital files. I back up daily and don't re format memory cards before backing up.

Frank

On 14 Jan 2009, at 16:34, Robert Meier <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Carlos,

That's been my work flow too. And last summer I lost a whole external drive of files (not backed up, of course). I have rescanned most of them and all is well.

The main argument, however, in my experience, for film is simply that I make high quality fiber base black and white prints, and I can't do that if I start with a digital camera.

Bob

On Jan 14, 2009, at 9:30 AM, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

--- El mié 14-ene-09, Peter K. <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

If someone takes care of their digital images they
will survive for
years to come. They will simply be like family videos, you
transfer them
from one media to the newer media and they will survive.

I don't have that problem Peter, my main images are on film and I take them on film, if I need a digital file, I scan negs or slide, if I lost the digital file, I scan film again.

Carlos

     Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/