[rollei_list] Re: age old "digital vs film" debate...again...was RE: OT Ancient Computers

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 07:34:20 +0000

This is something we were discussing in the family over the holidays. The fact is that I am not interested in the pictures my parents and grandparents took other than those showing family members and context, to see a great grandparent or the farm where they lived for example. I am quite sure from my children's interest that the only pictures of mine that they will keep would be those of themselves, friends and family and maybe the odd one which reminds them of a favourite holiday or place. The pictures I take for my pleasure do not interest them for long! One of my daughters, who is an artist, likes some of them, and she has a few on her wall, but apart from that it is people pictures only!

On 14 Jan, 2009, at 06:24, Thor Legvold wrote:

Will your children, grandchildren do this for you? Will your pictures be of interest to them, or just something else to clean out when your gone? Would a box of negatives/transparencies be treated differently than grandpa's PC (or stack of DVD backups)...?

Thor