[rollei_list] Re: [OT] film vs digital

  • From: J Patric Dahlén <jenspatricdahlen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:06:59 +0000

 Peter Nebergall wrote:
Comparing film to digital is like comparing the NY Philharmonic to a state
> of the art rock synthesizer. One is cheaper, faster, and more convenient;
> the other is high art.

Very well said, Peter!

I own a digital compact camera, but I don't like to use it to take photos of my loved ones... Instead I use it for fast documentation and when I need photos of something to show on the internet/send with email...

There are more feelings involved when I use my cameras for film, and work in the darkroom. Then I feel creative. I can always digitalize film/prints when I want or need to. Digital has it's place, of course, even for me.

/Patric

Trött på att pendla? - Sök jobb där du bor! http://jobb.msn.monster.se/