[rollei_list] Re: [OT] film vs digital

  • From: "dnygr" <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:36:44 -0500

Carlos, I agree with you that film has advantages over digital and digital over
film. I think it's interesting that when people want movies well done, they
pick film over digital. My bias is to film if for no other reason that I don't
ahve the time nor the inclination to sit down and master Photoshop to the
degree I want to work at. My B&W work is a challenge to me. I don't need
further challenges to complicate my life. That said, I admit I love to email
photos. I'm not a big color fan. If I were, maybe I'd be more inclined towards
digital. I hope film sticks around. I plan to shoot 4x5 on my vacation and when
I go to Europe this fall I'll bring along a MF camera and shoot film. I'll also
have a digital camera with, but for other purposes which might be likened to
taking a tape recorder with to record impressions.

Best to all, Doug

From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:37:46 -0300 (ART)