[rollei_list] Re: [OT] film vs digital

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:05:45 -0400

If done correctly. Otherwise, it can be too dark and flat. Good work demands effort. I am partial to film and the darkroom, too. I heard part of report on public radio yesterday where the filmmaker used film and was expected to by his backers even though it cost more. It may be that a good compromise is shooting with film, scanning, editing in photoshop and then having a negative made to size and then contact printing. Excellent images demand lots of work.

Doug

On Jul 19, 2007, at 8:37 PM, iusar4s@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Comparing film to digital is like comparing the NY Philharmonic to a state of the art rock synthesizer.  One is cheaper, faster, and more convenient; the other is high art.

Peter Nebergall