[rollei_list] Re: [OT] film vs digital

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:45:04 -0400

Well, of course. That goes without saying. In truth, I hear the voice
of the engineer/technician in the question...

It's like this... Mark Gurtchman, chief designer at Cooke and the man
responsible for the remarkable S4 Primes, collaborated with the
leading cinematographers and DPs in Hollywood and the world over in
developing the product. He knew his limitations as an engineer and
designer, the certainly they could not develop the world finest
lenses. But together, they created a product line which draws space
magnificently, with qualities far beyond what science can measure, as
he readily admits...

Eric Goldstein

--

On 7/21/07, Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes. Superior in what sense? The answer will depend on what one
considers superior.

Doug