[pure-silver] Re: web site

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:06:27 -0400

Daniel Williams wrote:
Hi Daniel,

I finally got into your web site using Internet Explorer. I must congratulate you on the quality of the web site and congratulations on the quality of the images, Palouse, that you have posted. They are truly beautiful.

Now this is the kind of web site that I need. Maybe I should upgrade to Netscape 7.2 from 7.1 to be able to use Web Studio 4.0.

Thanks again for the visual feast.

Regards,
Bogdan

Dave,

I used a program called Web Studio 4.0 (Google it) to build a site last fall. It does not require any code and has a free trial period. I did buy it after the trial was over but have not gotten back to rework it as I had intended - my problem, not the programs. What you do during the trial period is fully functional and remains so after the period is over. The learning curve isn't all that steep. It took me a long weekend to put this together (I have tweaked it a couple of times but this is pretty much the same as what I first built)

www.daniel-williams-photos.com/Palouse/index.html

The only problem I ran into is about half a dozen people have contacted me saying that they were unable to open anything but the first page. I contacted each of them and the one thing I found they had in common was that they were each using Netscape as their browser.

I know there are other no code website programs around and I have no idea how this compares. It is the only one I tried.

Dan Williams

-- ________________________________________________________________ Bogdan Karasek Montréal, Québec e-mail: bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx Canada

                  "I photograph my reality"