[pure-silver] Re: web site

  • From: John Meyers <jmeyers102@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:28:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- Dave Valvo <dvalvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm looking for ideas how to build a photographic
> web site.  Should I hire
> someone to do it or buy software or what suggestions
> have you?  Thanks.
>
> Dave

I took the cheapest route. I bought a book on HTML and
built my own website. Learning HTML code is fairly
simple but takes a little bit of time. What I ended up
with is very basic but it works. I have plans to
update it to something more up-to-date in terms of
layout and look. My website can be found at
www.jmphoto.ws

While writing your own code is more time-consuming
than buying a software program to do it, I am glad to
have learned some HTML code.

BTW, the book I used is called: HTML 4 for the World
Wide Web, 4th edition, by Elizabeth Castro. It's a few
years old now, so newer editions are probably
available.

John Meyers