[pure-silver] Re: web site

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 23:28:34 -0400

Hello Dan,

I am also a Netscape user and couldn't get past the first page, which incidentally is beautiful. I would love to use it but is there a way to work around the fact that I use Netscape???

Cheers,
Bogdan

Daniel Williams wrote:

Dave Valvo wrote:

Thanks for the responses but I'm not going to write my own site from scratch. Kudos to those that have. I'd rather be out shooting. My customers keep asking me if I have a web site so I'd better get moving on it. I take Visa so I want to have that ability sell images in the site as well. My real question is which software version would people recommend that have already put a website together? Advantages and disadvantages would be helpful too.

I have heard of community sites.  Any opinions on those?

Thanks all.

Dave

Dave,

I used a program called Web Studio 4.0 (Google it) to build a site last fall. It does not require any code and has a free trial period. I did buy it after the trial was over but have not gotten back to rework it as I had intended - my problem, not the programs. What you do during the trial period is fully functional and remains so after the period is over. The learning curve isn't all that steep. It took me a long weekend to put this together (I have tweaked it a couple of times but this is pretty much the same as what I first built)

www.daniel-williams-photos.com/Palouse/index.html

The only problem I ran into is about half a dozen people have contacted me saying that they were unable to open anything but the first page. I contacted each of them and the one thing I found they had in common was that they were each using Netscape as their browser.

I know there are other no code website programs around and I have no idea how this compares. It is the only one I tried.

Dan Williams

-- ________________________________________________________________ Bogdan Karasek Montréal, Québec e-mail: bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx Canada

                  "I photograph my reality"