[projectaon] Re: Grand Master comment period [Books 15-20]

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:24:41 +0100

On 10/04/2012 00:15, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Jonathan Blake<jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

I'll work on putting together
some diffs for the GM books soon.

Done.

http://projectaon.org/staff/jonathan/diffs/

Right, here's what I noticed--much reduced from previous trawls. Many of these were spotted when running the less-simple editions through a spelling/grammar check in MS-Word. Despite the HORRIBLE amount of false-positives--and the number of times it wants to take something correct and make it wrong!--it has proved quite useful for flagging up potential issues.

BOOKS 1-28

(ne) Illustration Captions: [so: In some books the longer captions are broken up using <line> tags; in others they are not. Let's decide which is better and standardise.]

BOOKS 13-20:

(er) The Story So Far: to destroy the fertile world of Magnamund have themselves -> to destroy the fertile world of Magnamund, have themselves

(er) Grand Master Disciplines: Duration, and the protection of his inanimate body, increase as -> Duration and the protection of his inanimate body increase as

BOOK 14:

(er) 140: this spear -> this Spear

BOOK 15:

(ne) 75: Sceptre) : [so: Delete superfluous space between "Sceptre)" and "</enemy>" in the xml.]
(er) 163: what's wrong! -> what's wrong?
(er) 177: Follow me, I know -> Follow me; I know
(ne) Errata: Replaced and -> Replaced

BOOK 16:

(er) 137: A long procession of acolytes are filing into the hall -> A long procession of acolytes is filing into the hall [so: Maybe, possibly?] (er) 238: close by the River Storn, a few days -> close by the River Storn a few days

BOOK 17:

(er) 137: and Spear -> or Spear
(er) 180: then turn to -> turn to
(er) 182: starboard and in a terrifying instant, you -> starboard and, in a terrifying instant, you [so: cf. Sections 72, 168, 173, etc.] (ne) Errata: (Sun Thane is the highest possible rank) -> as Sun Thane is the highest rank it is possible to have attained in this book [so: Or something similar.]

BOOK 18:

(er) 271: The bridge, and the surrounding banks of the river, are -> The bridge and the surrounding banks of the river are (ne) Errata: (33) Replaced '‘or less '’ with ‘'or less,'’. -> (33) Replaced '‘or less <!--link-text-->turn’' with '‘or less, <!--link-text-->turn’'. [so: The trailing space was there because I didn't originally know how to get checkerrata.pl to work properly with <link-text> elements! >_< ]

BOOK 19:

(er) Improved Disciplines: The degree of damage so caused, and the resultant drain upon a Grand Crown’s reserves of ENDURANCE, are dependent -> The degree of damage so caused and the resultant drain upon a Grand Crown’s reserves of ENDURANCE are dependent [so: Also (ne) in Book 20.] (??) 6, 62, 220, 257, 312, 338: If you possess a Bow, and the Discipline of Magi-magic and have attained the rank of Kai Grand Guardian -> If you possess a Bow and the Discipline of Magi-magic, and have attained the rank of Kai Grand Guardian
(er) 27: other traps here, and there  -> other traps here and there
(er) 37: sword, axe, or dagger -> Sword, Axe, or Dagger
(er) 129: click!, and -> click! and
(er) 134: this [W]eapon or skill -> this [W]eapon or this skill [so: weapon -> Weapon is an erratum that has already been implemented here.]
(er) 138: wumph!, the -> wumph! the
(er) 148: that remain -> that remains
(er) 198, 292: and, with a deafening wumph!, it -> and with a deafening wumph! it (er) 199: The first thing you see are the creature’'s eyes -> The first things you see are the creature'’s eyes

BOOK 20:

(er) 4 [Caption]: carpet of maggots squirm  -> carpet of maggots squirms
(er) 4: and instantly the carpet of maggots wriggle and squirm towards -> and instantly the carpet of maggots wriggles and squirms towards
(er) 60: Tormentress’, and it reveals  -> Tormentress’. It also reveals
(er) 63: The shrieks of the fliers draws an expectant crowd -> The shrieks of the fliers draw an expectant crowd
(ne) Errata: Replaced and ‘reptillian’ -> Replaced ‘reptillian’
(ne) Errata: and’.Replaced -> and’. Replaced