[projectaon] Re: Grand Master comment period [Books 15-20]

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 15:53:50 -0700

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 3:24 AM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for putting this list together, Simon.

> BOOKS 1-28
>
> (ne) Illustration Captions: [so: In some books the longer captions are
> broken up using <line> tags; in others they are not. Let's decide which is
> better and standardise.]

What the explicit line breaks are intended to do is turn cases like
this where the automatic line wrapping creates an awkward
presentation:

~~~~~
Two men in ragged clothes are huddled together beside a small
fire.
~~~~~

Into this:

~~~~~
Two men in ragged clothes are huddled
together beside a small fire.
~~~~~

This has been applied ad hoc because it's hard to know in advance when
this will be a problem since letterforms have different widths.

Thoughts?

> BOOKS 13-20:
>
> (er) The Story So Far: to destroy the fertile world of Magnamund have
> themselves -> to destroy the fertile world of Magnamund, have themselves

The current XML conforms to your suggestion in the cases of 14 and
17-20, but don't have errata entries in the cases that I checked. Is
this always a change from the printed books or were some printed this
way?

> (er) Grand Master Disciplines: Duration, and the protection of his inanimate
> body, increase as -> Duration and the protection of his inanimate body
> increase as

fixed

> BOOK 14:
>
> (er) 140: this spear -> this Spear

fixed

> BOOK 15:
>
> (ne) 75: Sceptre) : [so: Delete superfluous space between "Sceptre)" and
> "</enemy>" in the xml.]

fixed

> (er) 163: what's wrong! -> what's wrong?

Interrobang anyone‽ ... No? OK, fixed.

> (er) 177: Follow me, I know -> Follow me; I know

fixed

> (ne) Errata: Replaced and -> Replaced

fixed

More when I get some more time.