Re: Looking for suggestions for a database to use with a website

  • From: "Richard Thomas" <rthomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:48:05 -0400

Hi Robert:
  Are you an experienced Web Programmer?  If so, using Microsoft Visual Web
Developer, Visual Basic and Sql Server is one way to do something like that.
  The other way is to use something like MySql, PHP and some development IDE.
If you are not a Web Programmer and have no DataBase Experience it may take
time to get up to speed building a WebSite with a DataBase but it is certainly
doable.
  Perhaps, if you have no experience and the context is of interest to someone
on list, they might have another suggestion about storage and making your data
available to the Educational community.
  Rick: Farmington Mich. USA