Re: Looking for suggestions for a database to use with a website

  • From: "inthaneelf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 18:57:54 -0700

well Jeff should be out here somewhere, he usually is, his plan that I have now is a 1 Gb, unlimited E mails, unlimited mysql data bases, unlimited sub domains and support for front page, php, cgi and such, he has had win servers as well in the past but those dwindled to none so he took them out of the picture except for special requests if I remember right, I have no idea as to cold fusion, I've only herd of it, and haven't looked at it. smile

the 1 gb is 10 a month with billing done quarterly, and as I noted before, he is a great host provider, and is willing to work through things with his people, even going one step at a time, for those of us who get foggy brained at times!

if he doesn't answer directly you can get to the site at:
www.ultrahost.us

oh, the only thing that was not "fine and peachy" about the hosting plans is his servers didn't like ftp explorer, it didn't block it, just didn't always agree with what it told them to do, so I needed to give up on that old favorite of mine and start using the ftp capabilities of I.E.

which works better for a lot of things, just a case of "its worked for years for me, I don't want to switch" on my part. I can be quite stubborn at times, the immovable object, or, the unstoppable force as needed when I get going on some things.

HTH,
inthane
. For Blind Programming assistance, Information, Useful Programs, and Links to Jamal Mazrui's Text tutorial packages and Applications, visit me at:
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
. to be able to view a simple programming project in several programming languages, visit the Fruit basket demo site at:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>