Re: Looking for suggestions for a database to use with a website

  • From: "treble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 18:58:49 -0400

yes, you need to put the path on the server to the file and keep that
pathname in the database with any other info you want.  Do you also want to
allow users to add files interactively on your site? I started writing a php
page to do that and got it working.  I would be willing to share what I have
if you want.  I got it working but then found someone else developing
something better so left off developing this particular project.
To allow the user to update the database you need a form and cgi script.
Good luck and let me know if you want to look at some code fragments.  I
could just post them on list (in php and xhtml), as this part of the code is
small.

That being said, I wonder if your host provides asp instead of or in
additional to php.  Since asp is a microsoft product it might work with its
own database manager.  (I forget the name.)
Good luck and happy hacking.
--le

--le