RE: Looking for suggestions for a database to use with a website

  • From: "sean.farrow" <sean.farrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 18:25:21 +0100

Wha web server are you using?
Sean.

________________________________

From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert
Jaquiss
Sent: 12 October 2007 18:21
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Looking for suggestions for a database to use with a website

Hello:

     I am about to receive over 11,000 pdf files that I want to put up
on a website. These are images that when printed on capsule paper will
produce tactile images. The idea is that a teacher or parent could look
through the list, select a file and then place an order to have it
printed. It has been suggested to me that I use a database for this sort
of operation. I do have an Excel spreadsheet with descriptive
information about each file. I am looking for suggestions regarding what
database would be good to use. Thank you.

Regards,

Robert Jaquiss