Re: [PCWorks] Computer is too slow

  • From: Peter Kaulback <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 22:09:04 -0500

Larry when you boot the laptop there should be a system restore message
that should say something like "press CTRL + F11" but you should not do
this until after all the data on the drive is backed up otherwise the
restore will wipe it all away. I did it once on a work laptop, you don't
want to do it.

And if there is a "Drivers" folder then do back that up as well.

If there is no "press CTRL + F11", then you will have to contact Dell
and try to get the restore disk set, it's 2 or 3 discs. If that doesn't
work then your neighbour gets to buy XP.

I might have suggested Linux as an option but since your neighbour uses
Quickbooks, that rules out Linux, it just drives me nutty when I try
that out. Just a thought.

Peter Kaulback