Re: [PCWorks] Computer is too slow

  • From: LarryB <larryb227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:15:52 -0500

Yes Clint I ran chkdsk and defrag.
I do not have the OS on disc so can't install if I were to reformat.
I will check with Dell today and see how much it will cost.
I'm sure I won't be able to find XP anymore and will have to switch to
Vista if
I buy an OS.

LarryB
K & L Electronics
South Carolina

Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin-OrpheusComputing. com &
ComputersCustomBuilt. com wrote:
That's another one of the bad things about name brand PC's.
They obviously never expect the user to EVER have to reformat.
Are you talking about software, or drivers?

2 minutes is still a bit long. Did you defrag and run chkdsk
yet?
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner