-=PCTechTalk=- Re: puzzling problem

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:28:58 -0400

Matt,
    Part of my workbench is designed around a similar setup that includes an
anti-static mat, a 1 inch thick foam pad and spares of nearly every type of
add-in card ever made.  As long as the issue of static electricity is
properly addressed throughout all handling of the parts, it's a great way to
troubleshoot without the case and cables in the way, but yes, it is a bit
much to suggest to most folks.  Luckily, Jo Ann is not "most folks" and may
actually be able to use the idea.         :O)

http://tinyurl.com/ypbuue

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"