-=PCTechTalk=- Re: puzzling problem

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 22:56:25 -0400

Jo Ann,
    Nothing quite like a happy ending, even if it takes 'fits & lost hair'
to get there.       lol

    The slow count is probably due to a setting in the BIOS.  The option is
called something like "fast boot", but can go by other names.  In essence,
the system is actually testing the RAM while it counts it.  If you turn the
option off, it'll just count it faster than you'll be able to see.

http://www.nationalbubble.com/stopthebailout/

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"