-=PCTechTalk=- puzzling problem

  • From: "Jo Ann Weaver" <bookworm54@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:56:39 -0400

This computer I'm working on has me bamboozled. Here's the story. Custom built
box, running XP Pro, 2 gig Intel CPU,
 single stick of RAM 512 MB. It was brought to me because it was slow and they
kept getting
kicked off the internet on their dial-up connection. Had recently got
broadband, but couldn't get it to install the software.
It had no active virus software. I installed AVG and Spybot S&D . Found a few
things and they deleted them, then started
having Windows errors. Talked to the owners, Formatted and re-installed XP. Got
everything working, installed AVG for them,
tested it a while and sent it home, working fine. They said it wouldn't come on
or do anything. Got it back, nothing worked,
no fans, no lights, nothing. Checked all connections, nothing. Changed power
supply. Now all fans work, hard drive light and
light on CD drive light up red and that's it. Getting nothing on the monitor.
Any ideas?
Jo Ann