-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Linux

  • From: "BashfulBob" <BashfulBob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:39:51 -0500

Linux needs some partitions ( 2 if my memory serves me correctly) but can
create them by its self as you install it. It takes a min of about 1.7 gigs
(can be smaller if you just want the very very basics) with decent stuff
included. Up to about 5 gigs with everything.

I just bought redhat 9 pro and am planning to install it on the third
puter(233 hoped up to 266) when I get rid of the 2 gig HD and replace it
with the one I have in my machine now. (30 gig dual booted with 98 and
win2k) I am replacing this HD with a 120 gig HD. I want to COPY everything
over to the 120 from the 30 gig but I want the partitions enlarged.

Hope that makes sense.
Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by Norton's
This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the addressee, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the addressee,
you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute
to anyone this message or any part thereof. If you have received this in
error, please immediately advise the sender by e-mail and delete this
information. Thank you