[opendtv] Re: Bob likes COFDM

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV (E-mail)" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:04:45 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> This morning I posted a story about the latest
> ratings period in the U.S. The broadcasters cannot
> win the majority of the audience even when they
> stack the deck during the most important sweeps
> period.

I thought that most of this cable content was created
by the major broadcast networks anyway?

If so, why isn't it all a matter of how they
re-negotiate with the cable companies, once they
develop their DTT multicasts? All they would have to
do is incorporate one or two of their more
popular cable channels in the DTT multiplex.