[obol] Eugene Wednesday morning

  • From: Kit Larsen <kit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 12:33:30 -0800

Dennis Arendt reports:
The Eugene Wednesday birders went to Skinner Butte this morning. We walked around the top and through the park area north of the butte. Two adult Bald Eagles were circling above the butte and their nest is very easy to see both from the top and from the north side. Many trees have fallen on the butte. Both kinglets were common. A few Varied Thrushes were at the top and in the grass below the butte. Our complete list follows.

Mallard
Common Merganser – one on the fast-moving river
Pied-billed Grebe
Bald Eagle – two adults and one subadult
Red-tailed Hawk
Anna's Hummingbird – three pairs chasing each other
Red-breasted Sapsucker
Northern Flicker
Steller's Jay
California Scrub-Jay
American Crow
Black-capped Chickadee
Chestnut-backed Chickadee
Bushtit
White-breasted Nuthatch
Brown Creeper
Pacific Wren
Bewick's Wren
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
American Robin
Varied Thrush – four or five
European Starling
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Fox Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Song Sparrow
Spotted Towhee
Lesser Goldfinch

Sylvia Maulding, Cindy Armstrong, Kit Larsen, Barry McKenzie, Dave Brown, Ellen Cantor and Dennis Arendt
POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JOIN OR QUIT: //www.freelists.org/list/obol
OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol
Contact moderator: obol-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx