[obol] Eugene Wednesday morning

  • From: Kit Larsen <kit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 16:26:43 -0800

Dennis Arendt reports:

The Eugene Wednesday birders went to Bloomberg Park – an undeveloped park north of LCC at the end of Bloomberg Road. It was cold and there was snow on the ground. The birds seemed to want to sleep late this morning. Areas of dense blackberries, which usually produced gobs of sparrows, were rather quiet today. We did have good looks at Wrentits and the usual sparrows. Both Goldfinches were near the house with many feeders, though mostly empty today, about 100 yards from the beginning of Bloomberg Road. We also went to the LCC campus to look into the brushy habitat near Eastway Drive. Our entire list for the morning is below.

Cackling Goose – groups flying over
Canada Goose
Red-tailed Hawk
Ring-billed Gull
Glaucous-winged Gull
Anna's Hummingbird
Northern Flicker
Steller's Jay
California Scrub-Jay
American Crow
Common Raven
Black-capped Chickadee
Pacific Wren
Bewick's Wren
Wrentit – two near Eastway Drive and one in Bloomberg Park
American Robin
Varied Thrush – one heard and another seen
European Starling
Fox Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Golden-crowned Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Lincoln's Sparrow
Spotted Towhee
House Finch
Lesser Goldfinch
American Goldfinch

Dave Brown, Sylvia Maulding, Judy Franzen, Scott McNeeley, Jim Regali, Barry McKenzie, Ellen Cantor and Dennis Arendt

POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JOIN OR QUIT: //www.freelists.org/list/obol
OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol
Contact moderator: obol-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx