[obol] Eugene Wednesday morning

  • From: Kit Larsen <kit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 11:56:25 -0800

Dennis Arendt reports:

The Eugene Wednesday birding group went into the east side of Alton Baker park this morning. It rained a bit, but was drier than we expected. We walked the trails looking for a Northern Shrike that had been seen here during the Eugene CBC, but we were unable to relocate it. We had a good variety of species, including ten Meadowlarks. At 10:00 we went to Scott McNeeley's house, which is east of Alton Baker Park. The feeder's at Scott's house brought in White-breasted Nuthatch, Anna's Hummingbirds, Downy Woodpecker, House Finches, Lesser Goldfinches, Chickadees, various sparrows and many other regular feeder birds. His backyard and deck provided a great location for bird watching. Our entire list follows.

Canada Goose
Gadwall
American Wigeon
Mallard
Ring-necked Duck
Bufflehead
Hooded Merganser
Common Merganser
Ruddy Duck
Pied-billed Grebe
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
Red-tailed Hawk
Glaucous-winged Gull
Rock Pigeon
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Mourning Dove
Anna's Hummingbird
Belted Kingfisher
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Steller's Jay
Western Scrub-Jay
American Crow
Black-capped Chickadee
Bushtit
White-breasted Nuthatch
Pacific Wren
Bewick's Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
American Robin
Varied Thrush
European Starling
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Spotted Towhee
Fox Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Lincoln's Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Golden-crowned Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Red-winged Blackbird
Western Meadowlark
House Finch
Pine Siskin
Lesser Goldfinch

Scott McNeeley, Sylvia Maulding, Kit Larsen, Jim Regali, Cindy Armstrong, Randy Sinnott, Marie Royer, Steve and Judy Franzen, Dave Brown and Dennis Arendt
POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Manage your account: //www.freelists.org/list/obol
OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol
Contact moderators: obol-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx