[modeleng] Re: boiler making

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 16:33:43 -0800 (PST)

Well, I have flanged all the Copper plates for the
boiler---no big deal as it is a little vertical
job---no water leg, drilled and reamed all the holes
for the flues and fittings, and the rivet holes in the
main barrel.  It is now awaiting the purchase of an
adequate heating apparatus before proceeding farther
as I intend to flux the rivets before I drive them.

The Ugly Locomotive is in the process of having some
of its wheels re-quartered and side rods bushings
completed. It is presently on hold because the
holidays have given me a good case of the "lazies".

Al