[modeleng] Re: Scraping

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 05:40:21 -0600

> Keep an old pair of shoes at the door of the Shop and
> swap upon entering and again on leaving---no swarf
> tracked into the house and SWMBO stays HAPPY!
>
> Al Messer

As I depart my shop in the basement, I first scuff my feet over one of those
bristly jute type door mats, then across a regular door mat, through the
door and across a slightly fuzzy mat.  This pretty well keeps tiny little
brass chips etc from magically appearing on the living room carpet.
Originally I had one of those mats made of strips of tyre tread where the
bristly mat now resides, but some of the chips still managed to get
transported upstairs.

Jesse in Tennessee where it is too warm and dry for January.