[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Wotsit

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 13:39:15 -0700

Don't get me started on drains. What brought about the population growth of the nineteenth century? Drains. What reduced infant mortality? Drains. What allowed cities to grow huge? Drains. What is the greatest legacy and the greatest aging liability bequeathed to us by our Victorian ancestors? Drains.

We all love and want draining, drainage, drainacy. Particularly those of us with colds.

David etc.

On Apr 27, 2008, at 12:13 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

Dear David,

Boffo proem. But I think your denigration of the drain borders on the insane.