[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Wotsit

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:33:31 -0700

Sunday's wotsit would be better without the "Who knows why" question, I think. There were even weirder people who didn't make it into the wotsit description. One was a fellow, older than fifty, in a mini- kilt... and nothing else except swords and nipple piercings. I think he got lost somewhere around eleven hundred of the common era, and judged himself uncommon as a result. I bet he was called Ecce California, or something of that ilk.

In California I counted a dozen cars that were so fresh from the showroom, they had neither license plates nor a piece of paper from the DMV saying that they had applied for them. Some of the dealer cardboard was quite old and faded. I wonder if this is the new dodge to avoid tickets. Ramos will know. If, having read this, you decide to remove your plates and substitute cardboard, when the police stop your car, I think you should just say you're from California... and show the officer your napkins.

Now to the Second World War.

Carry on.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon