[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Wotsit

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:03:47 -0700

I like the reading, love,--does it help if I call you "Lady M."?--but remember it's not about drawing blood; it's not even about "art." You're throwing chum here, raising a frenzy. You must make sure your bucket's contents land a long way out.

Keep the transom clean.

Shall we go again? From the top, "My opponent says he stands for family but he has known associates, actual voters, whose names contain the letter p. As in urinate. He says those brave soldiers at Gettysburg really did die in vain. He proposes we should just forget the Maine. Like it was an accident. He thinks a day that will live in infamy probably died, oh, about an hour ago."

And then cut to the hunting knife, and into camera two, "You know me and you know where I'm from and I'm here to tell you that to drill in a wilderness, you need more balls than that."

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon