[lit-ideas] Sunday Wotsit

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 22:45:28 -0700

when something just goes to show where does it actually go and secondly can you
buy a line item veto in the line islands these days i have wondered in an open
curious way nothing snarky here what an attention span looks like precisely is
it something you'd see under a bridge or more like oceanic television does it
have something in common with the small distance that disqualifies me from
playing rachmaninoff an insufficiency of largeness in the fingers and too much
distance between notes sometimes i know i pay attention more closely than other
taxpayers noting for example just how many times recently i have heard the
phrase "as an...[insert profession or calling here] i feel..." which makes me
think those being interviewed artists authors sagger makers bottom knockers
should carry warrant cards with stamps on them so that their views could be
validated like passport pages whenever something in their experience causes
them woes that are not available to those of us who belong to the common herd
btw the snake we didn't kill in switzerland was probably a viper and might have
killed us had we tried to save it which as a poet and a writer i may say goes
to show

David Ritchie,
Portland,