[lit-ideas] Re: Sounds right to me

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:53:54 -0330

Thanks to RP for a very clear and emlightening account of two senses of
"language-game" in the Wian corpus. T'l analyses/reconstructions of the
competencies presupposed by either sense is possible, I would think. I've been
arguing that "language game" as presented in the Brown Book constitutes a T'l
condition for the possibility of meaning, language and onowledge, whether W
identified things in this way or not. Interesting to think what a T analysis of
the other sense of language game would look like. That would involve a
reconstruction of the competencies present in master-level performance
(asssuming W knew something about philosophy of course.) Hubert Dreyfus, along
with some philosophers of education are into that kind of thing.

Walter O
(The least confused in RP's language game of hierarchical confusion)