[lit-ideas] Re: Sounds right to me

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 09:10:34 -0600

JMc:
>>The sneaky agenda, here, is to have more people habitually turning to the the
>>rigorous and critical thinking that mathematics and scientific method
>>require.<<

All well and good, but the world, unfortunately, is peopled by lazy fools like
me who much prefer the ease of unrigorous prejudice and the comfort of
community mores.  You're going to have to come up with something more comfy
than mathematics and scientific method to get me to give up my McDonalds.  I've
long practiced something similar to Phil's description of the Indonesian
approach to 'thought and truth' -- it's a long and winding road that most often
just circles back.  But then, I am very lazy.  I amble where others dare to
walk.

Mike Geary
laid back on a lazy Saturday in Memphis