[lit-ideas] Re: Sacrifice

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:35:51 EST

<<Five  Types of Ethical Theory is online at>>
I am woefully behind in e-mail as  "real life" stuff has preoccupied my time
-- kid school problems, parental  health, etc.  I have saved as "keep as new
mail" so many of the wonderful  posts re. sacrifice, and all the helpful info.
re Kyphoplasty, to respond to  when I can disengage from the detritus of
living (yesterday my 11 yr. old  discovered her favourite cat she loves to
cuddle
with to go to sleep, who had  been missing for a day, on the floor under her
bed in a state of rigor  mortis....freaked out doesn't begin to describe
it....she's at a friend's house  because she won't go in her bedroom again...).
 In
the meantime the "Five  Types of Ethical Theory" line reminds me that I have
been trying for a few weeks  to figure out how to make the distinction between
"ethics" and "morality", or  "ethical" and "moral" clear to my 13 yr
old....it's not as easy as it first  feels.  Any ideas?
Julie Krueger
having just buried the 11 yr. old's  hermit crab the day before.....  Medical
Investigations, anyone?   (Said 11 yr. old wants the cat autopsied for cause
of death....)

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Sacrifice  Date:
2/13/05 1:29:51 A.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Five Types of Ethical Theory is online  at

http://www.ditext.com/broad/ftet/ftet.html

Chapter III is on  Butler.

Robert  Paul