[lit-ideas] Re: None Dare Call It Reason

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:17:53 -0700

We could have a round of "most famous movie" students have never heard of. Today's contenders, mentioned in a class on World War Two, "Bridge Over the River Kwai," and "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"--I was talking about rules and fighting and...oh never mind.

Paradox that occurred to me while walking: the generation characterized by over-use of "like" struggles when asked to formulate comparative statements for analytical purposes.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon