[lit-ideas] Re: None Dare Call It Reason

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:52:24 -0230

I venture to think that that "thing" Julie refers to below is part of some
adaptive mechanism we have developed phylogenically. It's much too pervasive
across members of the species, and too insistent upon consciousness, to be
without adaptive value. Like romantic love, revulsion towards slimy, icky
things, and the separation of mosque and state ... but unlike morality.

Walter O.
Post Sun City AZ