[lit-ideas] Re: None Dare Call It Reason

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:46:07 -0400

 But one of
my paramount memories of trying to shape myself comes from a story I
read (I have no idea now where) about a very rich woman who gave a party
where one of the attendees broke a very ancient Ming vase.   She greeted
his torrent of apologies with "Don't worry, it was just an old thing
anyway".   I resolved then and there to be so unattached to material
things that I could someday be so gracious.   It has made a difference.

Ursula

Thanks so much for sharing this. If you ever remember where you read it, I hope you post it.

Veronica
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ursula Stange" <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>