[lit-ideas] Re: None Dare Call It Reason

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:52:59 +0700

I had written:

"A variation of this might be having cabinet members drawn from
elected members of government, a form of governance some of us are
well acquainted with.  I believe you Yanks aren't allowed such an
option but I think it might be an improvement."

to which Robert replied:

"It is 'allowed' here. Many members of Congress have been appointed to
various presidents' cabinets."

Perhaps I wasn't clear.  The form of governance I was referring to was
one where an individual serves as both a Cabinet member and an elected
official..  That is prohibited by the U.S. constitution.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Yogyakarta, Indonesia