[lit-ideas] Re: New Orleans

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 05:55:37 EDT

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4201060.stm_
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4201060.stm)

A link just for you, Andy.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: New Orleans
Date: 8/31/05 10:39:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) , _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Sent on:

---- Original Message -----

From:   (mailto:Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx)
To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Sent: 8/31/2005 10:56:58 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: New  Orleans

In a message dated 8/30/2005 10:18:02 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Well,  Marlena, what's the deal?  What's
God up to?  Reds not praying  hard enough or what?

Dear Andy,
What do you think?  In YOUR belief system, what caused the disaster  to
happen?

Let me know and I'll tell you a little bit of what the MANY differences  of
opinions for some of this are...

But, why don't you let ME know, for a change, why something like this
happens?

A.A. The disaster happened because a hurricane hit the  coastline.   That's
what I believe.

There are so very many points of view in life--do you recognize  that?  Do
you recognize that there are many many sects even within  Christianity (and
other belief systems)?

A.A.  It makes no difference, since they all revolve around God is  good.
God loves us best.  Pray to God.  Trust in God.   God shuts doors and opens
windows.  Did I miss any?

Sometimes I am not clear as to whether or not you are aware of
that--sometimes it seems that you lump everyone together (esp if they happen
to live in a
'red' state...)

A.A. Aware of what?  That superstition is king in most of this  country?
Tell me something I don't know.  As I recall you're  the one who told me
something along the lines that life is still worth living  even if one doesn't
believe
in God.   Your God, Marlena, he dropped  the ball again.  I was just
wondering if you noticed.

Andy Amago

Thinking about the at-least-one-of-Our-Listmates who lives in (I think)
Mississippi and thinking it is time for a Roll Call--even for the  Lurkers,
Marlena in Missouri